Welcome to Pre-K 4 SA
Health & Safety Plan & Protocols
Pre-K 4 SA is open for in-person learning, and we remain focused on providing high-quality prekindergarten to our youngest learners, all while keeping them and our faculty safe and healthy. Pre-K 4 SA has successfully demonstrated that schools can be a safe zone when the best health and safety policies are in place and practiced.
Pre-K 4 SA will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC, Metro Health, and our consulting pediatrician to keep our children, staff, and families safe while still honoring the spirit of the Governor’s executive order which emphasizes personal rights and responsibilities.
Bookmark this page for the latest information on our health & safety protocols.
Health & Safety Protocols
Pre-K 4 SA will maintain best practices:
- Consistent mask wearing recommended
- Temperature checks
- Daily health screenings that help infectious diseases out of the building. This not only prevents COVID-19 from entering the building, but also seasonal viruses such as RSV, strep, and flu.
- Daily health sanitization procedures that keep germs reduced in the classrooms.
- Touchless devices to limit the number of high touch surfaces—sinks, toilets, water fountains, doors, and paper towel dispensers.
- Hospital-grade air filters to maximize airflow in the HVAC systems, to capture virus particles in our centers.
- Increased outdoor classroom time
- Provide asymptomatic COVID-19 testing* to staff and students weekly to identify and prevent the spread of COVID-19. *In partnership with Community Labs.
- Isolation/quarantine protocols in place to protect all other students, staff and the public and prevent exposure
- Encourage & provide vaccination support based on the CDC’s recommendations for individuals 5 and older to protect us all and defeat this virus. Follow us on social media for our latest Pre-K 4 SA Vaccine Clinic schedule.
- Family-style meals distributed and practiced in a safe environment and manner, in alignment with the latest public health organization guidance.
Our continued use of comprehensive and proven health protocols creates a foundation of wellness, learning, and success for kindergarten and beyond.
Pre-K 4 SA will continue to monitor the situation very closely and work to ensure that we continue to keep both high-quality learning and safety at the forefront of serving our students and families.
Pre-K 4 SA is open for full capacity at all four Centers and Gardendale Early Learning Program. Download our Health & Safety PDF Guide for the latest information on how we're keeping students, families and teachers safe.