See If You Qualify
This year, Pre-K 4 SA’s registration process does not require in-person appointments. All student registration can be completed online and by phone.
Children must turn three years old or four years old by September 1, 2022 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2022–2023 school year.
Pre-K 4 SA follows the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements. Pre-K 4 SA has children who attend FREE of charge and children who attend through our Investing in Education Scholarship program.
Three-year-olds and four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA FREE if they meet the following requirements:
- Must live within the City of San Antonio limits or within the Extra Territorial Jurisdiction,
- Must live within a participating school district or enroll through a partnering public school,
- 2022–2023 school districts include East Central ISD, Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, South San Antonio ISD and Southwest ISD.
- Families residing within the San Antonio community but not in a participating district or public school may still apply to be selected as a tuition student. Alamo Heights ISD and Judson ISD are nonparticipating districts with Pre-K 4 SA for the 2022–2023 school year.
- And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives SNAP or TANF or Medicaid benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by district or public school assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (as determined by district or public school); or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing; or
- Star of Texas Award, child of eligible person.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility during Pre-K 4 SA registration appointment.
For children who do not meet the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements, affordable tuition is available through our Investing in Education Scholarship program. Learn more about our Scholarship Program.
Then use the cost calculator to find out what your scholarship level might be based on your eligibility criteria.