See If You Qualify
This year, Pre-K 4 SA’s registration process does not require in-person appointments. All student registration can be completed online and by phone.
Children must turn four years old by September 1, 2020 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2020–2021 school year.
Pre-K 4 SA follows the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements. Pre-K 4 SA has children who attend FREE of charge and children who attend through our sliding-scale tuition program.
Four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA FREE if they meet the following requirements:
- Must live within the City of San Antonio limits or within the Extra Territorial Jurisdiction,
- Must live within a participating school district or enroll through a partnering public school,
- 2020-2021 school districts include East Central ISD, Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, South San Antonio ISD and Southwest ISD.
- 2020-2021 participating public charter school includes New Frontiers Public Schools.
- Families residing within the City of San Antonio but not in a participating district or public school may still apply to be selected as a tuition student. Alamo Heights ISD and Judson ISD are nonparticipating districts with Pre-K 4 SA for the 2020–2021 school year.
- And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives SNAP or TANF or Medicaid benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by district or public school assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (as determined by district or public school); or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing; or
- Star of Texas Award, child of eligible person.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility during Pre-K 4 SA registration appointment.
For children who do not meet the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements, affordable tuition is available on a sliding scale. Learn more about the Tuition Program.