Why Pre-K 4 SA
The Importance of Preschool
Children begin learning the moment they are born, but studies have shown that ages three and four mark a critical point in the learning process. At this time, children enter a crucial phase where they start to develop memory, imagination and understanding. A child’s natural tendency, play, engages all these skills.
Pre-K 4 SA’s program is designed to utilize play to build a foundation in concepts such as math, science, language and art while increasing language and social skills. Through strategically-designed play, Pre-K 4 SA builds the foundation for a love of learning that extends beyond the preschool years.
Who We Serve
Pre-K 4 SA’s mission is to develop a world-class workforce in one generation through high-quality early childhood education. The program impacts different aspects of early childhood education in San Antonio through:
- Educational centers that serve 2,000 three- and four-year-olds and their families each year.
- A best-in class professional learning program that offers continuing education to early childhood educators throughout the city to impact more early learners and their families.
- Competitive grants to support the development of other high-quality early childhood programs across San Antonio.
- Family Engagement to empower families as they support their child’s academic development.
Changing the Landscape of Education in San Antonio
- In Our Centers—The Impact Study of Prekindergarten for San Antonio by UTSA’s Urban Education Institute has shown that our Pre-K 4 SA program has a positive, long-term effect on the academic success and engagement of students.
- In Our City’s Schools—Pre-K 4 SA offers no-cost continuing education opportunities to increase the number of passionate educators in our community.
- Across Our City—By 2021, our Competitive Grants Program will have invested $21 million in grants to private, parochial and public schools throughout the city to increase preschool access and enhance programs and facilities.
My son Jordan loves school and is excited about going to school everyday. We are usually the first ones in the door every morning!!