Sliding Scale Tuition Program
Pre-K 4 SA has affordable tuition spaces available for families who do not live within a participating school district, participating public school, do not meet the eligibility requirements for free prekindergarten according to the Texas Education Agency, or do not qualify for the expanded access initiative.
- Sliding scale tuition students must live within the San Antonio City limits or the San Antonio Extra Territorial Jurisdiction area and turn four years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- All families must complete the online application.
- Pre-K 4 SA reserves 5% of available slots for tuition students. Pre-K 4 SA will be accepting 2,000 students.
- Tuition rates are calculated on sliding scale based on gross household income and adjusted for household size. Depending on income and household size, families will pay 1, 2, 3, or 4% of their income as annual tuition.
- The chart below is an estimation of annual Pre-K 4 SA tuition. Your exact tuition amount will be determined at your registration appointment. At your appointment, you will receive your annual tuition total and set up your payment plan.
Example of sliding scale tuition:
- Family of 2 —$45,000 income — pays approx. $1,125 for annual tuition ($125.00 per month for 9 months).
- Family of 4 —$67,000 income —pays approx. $1,675 for annual tuition ($186 per month for 9 months).
- Family of 6 —$89,000 income — pays approx. $2,225 for annual tuition ($247.00 per month for 9 months).
Your exact tuition amount will be determined at your registration appointment.
- Multi-Student Tuition Discount: At Pre-K 4 SA, family is important, and we want all children to have access to high-quality early learning education. In an effort to support our students and their families, we offer a sibling discount to families who have two or more children enrolled at the same time. Families will receive a 25% annual discount for the second child enrolled and a 50% annual discount for the third child enrolled.