Pre-K 4 SA: Enrollment for Ages 3 and 4
It’s time to start making your enrollment plan for Pre-K 4 SA! Because we are now open to 3- and 4-year-olds, applications are submitted quickly, so please mark your calendars to secure a spot. Enrollment applications will open to the public on February 1, 2023. Applications are numbered as they are submitted and enrollment is on a first-come first-serve basis. Accepted applicants will be notified by email beginning Monday, February 6. Notifications will continue each Monday as space is available at each center. Enrollment at the education centers is limited and there may be a waiting list. Pre-K 4 SA will provide assistance to families who may need help finding other high-quality pre-kindergarten options if there are not enough seats at a Pre-K 4 SA center.
Why Pre-K 4 SA?
Pre-K 4 SA’s program is designed to utilize a child’s natural acts of play to build a foundation in concepts such as math, science, language and art while increasing language and social skills. Through strategically-designed play, Pre-K 4 SA builds the foundation for a love of learning that extends beyond the preschool years.
Pre-K 4 SA makes the application process easy with four simple steps:
- Step 1: Parents complete an online application (via phone, online, in-person) to request a Center preference and confirm eligibility.
- Step 2: Accepted applicants will be notified by email beginning the 1st Monday in February. Notifications will continue each Monday as space is available at each Center.
- Step 3: Upon notification, you will be asked to begin your online registration in the Pre-K 4 SA Parent Portal. All necessary documentation will be submitted online for review.
- Step 4: Once all necessary paperwork has been processed, your child will officially be registered to attend Pre-K 4 SA.
Can my three-year-old attend Pre-K 4 SA?
- Yes! Your child just needs to turn 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2023.
Which schools participate in Pre-K 4 SA?
- East Central ISD, Edgewood ISD, Essence Prep, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, South San Antonio ISD, and Southwest ISD are participating districts. If you reside in one of these school districts, you could be eligible to attend any Pre-K 4 SA Education Center for free.
- Families living in non-participating school districts are not eligible to attend Pre-K 4 SA for free.
If I live in a non-participating school district, can I still go to Pre-K 4 SA?
- Any child living within the city limits of San Antonio or Extra Territorial Jurisdiction can attend Pre-K 4 SA. However, all students from non-participating school districts must pay tuition to participate in the program (even if they meet the eligibility requirements for free Pre-K).
Can I apply online?
- Yes. You can start your contactless application on February 1 or over the phone at 210-206-PREK (7735).
Have more questions about enrollment? Visit our FAQ page for more information.