Child Development Associate
Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is a nationally recognized credential administered by the Council for Professional Development. Its purpose is to expand the knowledge base, experience, and quality of early childhood educators and is meant to be a stepping-stone on the path of career advancement in early childhood education.
High-quality education for children begins with high-quality professional learning for teachers. Pre-K 4 SA provides a comprehensive professional learning course for preschool educators designed to support a thorough understanding of early childhood development and best teaching practices for fostering healthy growth in children.
- Candidates pay for the CDA observation and exam ($425, if application is completed online)
- Textbooks available for check-out and portfolio notebooks provided
- Assistance with Professional Portfolio creation, selecting a Professional Development Specialist, and test registration offered
- Are responsible for obtaining current and valid Certificates of Completion for first aid and child CPR courses on their own
- Must live or work in the City of San Antonio
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Work in a professional capacity with children ages 3-5 while enrolled in the course
- Have 480 hours of experience working with children ages 3-5 within three years of submitting a CDA application
The classes will take place from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority is the safety of our participants. Sessions will be held virtually. However, as guidelines are updated, some classes may be held face-to-face at the Pre-K 4 SA West Education Center.
- October 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
- November 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
- December 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17
- January 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28
- February 2 & 4
*A minimum of 15 participants must register and attend in order for the class to occur.
**Attendance at all classes is required.