Child Development Associate
Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is a nationally recognized credential administered by the Council for Professional Development. Its purpose is to expand the knowledge base, experience, and quality of early childhood educators and is meant to be a stepping-stone on the path of career advancement in early childhood education.
High-quality education for children begins with high-quality professional learning for teachers. Pre-K 4 SA provides a comprehensive professional learning course for preschool educators designed to support a thorough understanding of early childhood development and best teaching practices for fostering healthy growth in children.
- Candidates pay for the CDA observation and exam ($425, if application is completed online)
- Textbooks available for check-out and portfolio notebooks provided
- Assistance with Professional Portfolio creation, selecting a Professional Development Specialist, and test registration offered
- Are responsible for obtaining current and valid Certificates of Completion for first aid and child CPR courses on their own
- Must live or work in the City of San Antonio
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Work in a professional capacity with children ages 3-5 while enrolled in the course
- Have 480 hours of experience working with children ages 3-5 within three years of submitting a CDA application
The classes will take place from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Saturdays.
Classes will be held at Pre-K 4 SA’s North Education Center (3635 Medical Dr, 78229).
- August 28
- September 11, 25
- October 2, 16, 30
- November 6, 13
- December 4, 11
- January 8, 22
*A minimum of 15 participants must register and attend in order for the class to occur.
**Attendance at all classes is required.