Child Development Associate
Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is a nationally recognized credential administered by the Council for Professional Development. Its purpose is to expand the knowledge base, experience, and quality of early childhood educators and is meant to be a stepping-stone on the path of career advancement in early childhood education.
CDA Gold Standard
Pre-K 4 SA is a recipient of the prestigious CDA Gold Standard following a quality review of their training and student services by the Council for Professional Recognition. The CDA Gold Standard is part of the Council’s early childhood education effort to help CDA students find the high-quality training and student services they need in preparation for the CDA exam and a career as an early childhood educator.
High-quality education for children begins with high-quality professional learning for teachers. The National Council of Professional Recognition and Pre-K 4 SA focus on improving the quality of early childhood educators in the field through offering professional learning on best practices and the competencies of the CDA Curriculum.
Pre-K 4 SA provides a comprehensive professional learning course for early childhood educators designed to support a thorough understanding of early childhood development and best teaching practices for fostering healthy growth in young children.
- Opportunities to collaborate with educators from centers across the city.
- Texas Rising Star Guidelines included with content to assist with Certification.
- Candidates pay for the CDA observation and exam ($425, if the application is completed online)
- Assistance with Professional Portfolio creation, selecting a Professional Development Specialist, and test registration offered.
- Are responsible for obtaining current and valid Certificates of Completion in First Aid and child CPR courses on their own.
- Must live or work in the City of San Antonio.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be employed working with children 3-5 years of age (Preschool CDA) or infants and toddlers (Infant & Toddler CDA).
- Need 480 hours of experience working with children ages 3-5 (Preschool CDA) or infants and toddlers (Infant & Toddler CDA) within three years of submitting CDA application.
- Preschool and Infant & Toddler CDA courses are offered twice a year – beginning in January and August.
- Registration opens 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Each session includes 12 sessions.
- A bilingual Preschool CDA class will be offered beginning in Fall 2022.
- Register on Kickup using the links below, then search for CDA.
Educators, join KickUp to gain access and register for all of Pre-K 4 SA's professional learning opportunities.
New to KickUp? Create an Account.
Already have a KickUp Account?
Once you create an account, you will use this log in to access real-time professional learning opportunities.